Information Technology – Goverlan Remote Control v7 is Released
Goverlan™ Remote Control v7, a powerful remote access solution for IT Professionals.
Goverlan, Inc. a leading provider of remote administration products for Windows® platforms, is pleased to announce the release of Goverlan™ Remote Control version 7, a major upgrade to its already popular Goverlan Remote Control v6 product.
Amongst the major updates in version 7 are:
- Supports four communication protocols; Goverlan RMC, Citrix® ICA, Microsoft® RDP and VNC. This not only allows you to initiate remote control sessions and ICA/RDP user sessions to Windows based platforms, but also to any platform which supports the VNC protocol such as Mac OSX or Ubuntu.
- Full Support for Citrix® XenServer and Microsoft® Terminal Services Thin Clients. Goverlan supports the physical console session and Citrix ICA / Microsoft RDP user sessions. With Goverlan Remote Control v7, you can remote control the physical user session (the session bound to the physical screen, keyboard & mouse) as well as shadow ICA and RDP user sessions.
- Data Center or Student Class Monitoring: Create customizable and dynamic views of a group of machines and monitor what is happening on all desktops simultaneously. This powerful Monitoring View allows you to keep an eye on a large number of remote desktops live with minimal impact on your network. The monitoring view includes many options and performance counters, providing you with an extensive health overview and control over a group of machines.
- Provide Remote Assistance – Anytime, Anywhere: Support your clients no matter where they are! With Goverlan v7, you can support both on-site and off-site users. The Goverlan Remote Assistance feature allows you to generate Remote Assistance Access Tokens which can be emailed to a client or made available via a web site. Once the client accepts the access token, you have full access to their machine. No matter where they are!
- Goverlan v7 Supports Smart Cards. In order to comply with the PKI Common Access Card requirements of the U.S. Military, interactive Smart Card Login and Smart Card Redirection have been implemented.
- Transfer files and directories to and from client machines.
- Use the Goverlan Administrative Mode to perform duties on a remote machine while the physical screen is masked to hide your actions.
- Capture the remote control session by saving the remote screen to a file or recording a video of the session.
- No software agent pre-installation required. Goverlan can automatically install and maintain the Goverlan Agents on the client machines for you.
To view the full set of new features offered by Goverlan™ Remote Control v7 and access downloads, please visit our web site at: goverlan.com
Goverlan enables IT support to globally and dynamically control, manage, and support desktop and server infrastructure in real-time, without user interruption. This means IT desktop support engineers and system administrators can get to the root of the problems quickly and resolve client issues more efficiently. Chosen by IT professional worldwide, Goverlan is renowned for its ease-of-use and extensive feature set. Learn more at goverlan.com or contact Goverlan at firstname.lastname@example.org.