The Process Automations view displays information about the currently configured Process Automations objects. You can configure the list view to display the Process Automations objects in any of the following modes: Large Icons, Small Icons, List, Details. To switch from one mode to the other, right-click in the view and use the View menu.
The Details view provides the most information by use of columns. It provides the following options:
- Right click on a column header to hide or show information columns.
- Click on any column to sort the Process Automations object by the column type.
Process Automation Icons
The Process Automations view displays items with the following icons:
Double click on this item to start the Process Automation Creation Wizard.
|Process Automations Object|
Process Automations object which is not scheduled.
|Process Automations Object Scheduled|
Process Automations object which is scheduled.
|Process Automations Object Scheduled Disabled|
Process Automations object which is scheduled. However, the schedule has either been disabled or has not been properly configured to run.
Additionally, the Process Automations icon is color coded based on the object type it corresponds to:
Organize your Process Automations into categories for easy reference and execution using the new Category column in the Process Automation view. Goverlan will automatically assign colors to the categories you create. Then group by the categories by dragging the category column to the new “Group By” section.
Where are Process Automations stored?
A Process Automations object produces three files:
- A Process Automations Definition file (.gsa) is stored in the Application Data Directory as defined in Options. To quickly access this directory, right-click within the Process Automations view and select Open Definition Directory.
- A Process Automations Execution Log file is stored in the Application Output Data directory as defined in Options. This file is generated after the execution of the Process Automations object. To quickly access this directory, right-click on a previously executed Process Automation and select Open Log Directory.
- A Process Automations Report Output file is stored in the Application Output Data directory as defined in Options. This file is generated only if the Process Automation includes one or more report actions. To quickly access this directory, right-click on a previously executed Process Automation and select Open Report Directory.
Process Automations Ribbon Bar
The Process Automations bar is only displayed when the Process Automations feature is selected. It provides quick access to many Process Automations functions.
Using the Process Automations Feature
Process Automations is very easy to use.
- First, define a Process Automations Object.
See: Creating a New Process Automation
- Second, either Run or Schedule the execution of a Process Automations Object.
See: Executing a Process Automation
Scheduling a Process Automation
- Third, view the execution status to find out which nodes failed.
See: Viewing the results of a Process Automation
- Finally, if the Process Automation is configured to report data, view the generated report.
See: Viewing a Report