Upgrade Windows 7 to Windows 10 with Goverlan Reach
This guide will demonstrate how to use Goverlan Reach to update a Windows 7 system to Windows 10.
Preparing for installation:
- Download and extract your Windows 10 media to a shared folder.
- Create a batch file and place in the root of the installation media (must be same location as setup.exe)
- The contents of the batch file should be:
setup.exe /compat IgnoreWarning /auto upgrade /quiet
Setting up Goverlan Reach:
- Create a script package in Goverlan (click application –> manage Goverlan Objects –> select Script Packages (https://www.goverlan.com/knowledge/article/computer-management/#script-packages) from the drop down on the upper left hand of the new screen (the default is software packages)
- Your script package should look similar to this: