Goverlan has a flexible user interface organized into sections and panels which you can easily re-arrange according to your needs. The interface will also adjust to your current feature selection so that only the relevant commands are displayed at any time, allowing for an uncluttered interface.
Application Information & Main Settings
Click on the Application button located at the top left corner of the application to view product information and gain access to the main configuration items of Goverlan.
Product and Account Information
This section displays general product and license information and includes the following options:
- Click on Refresh in the License Information to reload license information from our servers. This is useful in case the product edition or other license information has changed.
- Click on Sign-Out to release the license and sign-in to another machine.
- If a new version of your product is available, you will see a notification bellow the version number (Automatically Check for Updates must be enabled).
You can change the color style for the interface by accessing the Color Theme (Light/Dark) options in the Product Information area.
The Application Menu
- General Settings – Opens the configuration window of Goverlan. For a detailed description of the settings, see: Goverlan Operator Console – General Settings
- Goverlan Agent Manager – Opens the Goverlan Agent Manager to view and manage the Goverlan Client Agent on remote machines.
- Credential Manager – Opens the Credential Manager to view and manager alternate credentials.
- Manage Goverlan Objects – Select this action to pre-configure or manage Software Installation Packages, Script Packages, Custom Actions and Custom Controls.
Accessing the Goverlan Features
Use the main feature selector located on the left of the application to set the primary focus to the desired feature:
- Welcome Page – Access to support and tutorial resources from our site. Software updates and other important information will also be displayed there. This feature requires internet connectivity.
- Administration / Diagnostics – Active Directory account management & search. Behind-the-scenes support and management of your users, computers and servers.
- Process Automation / Report – Inventory, global change management, compliance scanning.
- Remote Control / Monitor – Remote desktop access / command prompt access / telnet access to your systems.
Goverlan offers a set of tools which can be started independently from the main program. Single-click on a sub-feature to start it.
The Goverlan Side Panels
The Search panel is the quickest way to access the remote administration features available for a user, machine or group. For more information about the Search panel, see Searching Active Directory.
On-Demand Assist Panel
This panel is used to gain management access to machines over the internet. To do so, click on the Send a request link to generate an email that contains the necessary information to start a remote assistance session from anywhere.
The Console window displays information, warning and error messages as you are working with Goverlan.
The content of the console window may be useful to our support team to resolve issues. If you are requested for the Console window messages, you can easily export its content by right-clicking within it and selecting Save log into a file.