In this article we will demonstrate how to migrate your Goverlan Central Server to a new machine.
- Locate the GCS log directory as shown below. These will be on your existing server.
- Backup the files in this location. This is your audit logs and current policies.
- On your new server, create the directory in the image above and copy all contents to the new location.
- Run the GCS installer
- You may receive a prompt for updating the database. Please click yes.
Testing the new server before switching the DNS record.
- Run the GCS installer on a workstation that has the Goverlan agent installed.
- During the installation, ONLY INSTALL THE CLIENT SETTINGS TESTER UTILITY.
- You will see a GCS Tester App icon on the desktop.
- Hold SHIFT and double click the icon.
This will force the test workstation to send audit logs and test the new server before you switch over the DNS record.